November 07, 2011

This week's DELIGHT: Turnover

I made this recipe a few weeks ago and was an absolute success: turnover with egg-roll dough (baked, not fried!)


It is super simple and perfect either for two people or a large group. It is very fast and convenient since I bought the egg-roll dough at the supermarket. And, for the filling, I made a ground beef with grated carrots, raisins, tomato paste and seasonings (I use everything you can imagine: chili powder, cumin powder, a pinch of cinnamon, salt, red pepper flakes).
My dough was already cut into squares, so I just had to fill it, close the edges (water worked in this case) and brush canola oil on top for a crispy golden brown dough.


Oh, I also made another version: pizza (with pieces of mozzarella, tomato and oregano), but you can make them with chicken, ham and cheese, cheese and onions, ground sausage etc..
I put the turnovers in a greased sheet, pre-heated oven (high temperature), and they were ready in 10 minutes.


And that was our Sunday lunch with a spinach, tomato, avocado and dried cranberry salad. Not bad, huh?


Easy, delish and guilty-free!!

No comments:

Post a Comment