November 17, 2011

This week's DELIGHT: Cinnamon Scone

I LOVE scones, but besides thinking it was too difficult to make, in some recipes the amount of butter was so huge that it made me quit. But, lately, I got a couple of pretty good recipes and I am testing them all. I'll start with a ver simple one, with few ingredients and little butter, but a surprising flavor: Cinnamon Scones.



For those who don't know, scone is kind of a sweet bread from Scotland very popular in the UK. There, they are always accompanied by jam and clotted cream (which I never found here in U.S, but I'll do a detailed search again), and here in the U.S. they are easily found at any coffee shop.
There are thousands of variations: with cranberries, orange, cinnamon and even savory. It's great to be served for breakfast or afternoon break with milk, coffee or tea.


To make it even better, set up a nice table "5 o'clock tea" style, or use your Sorapot, and enjoy it! It will be a huge success!

No comments:

Post a Comment