November 21, 2011

Thanksgiving Diary

On Thursday (Nov 24), here in the U.S., we celebrate Thanksgiving. I've always loved this holiday, because people get together with their family and friends, usually around the table with lots of foods and drinks, and give thanks to all the graces received in the year.
This year I decided to celebrate it by making a dinner at home with the typical dishes: turkey, cranberry sauce and corn muffins. I'm not making the traditional dessert (pumpkin or pecan pie), but a lighter option that I think will be great as well (tell you later!).
Throughout the week, I'll post here everything on the preparation, assembly and recipes so you can use this for Christmas, New Year or any other opportunity.


This is my first time roasting a turkey, so I researched online and talked to friends and relatives about the best way to roast it, which size to buy, which spices and herbs to use and so on.
With this information in hand, i went out shopping and start the week with 90% of the ingredients. I also transfer the turkey from the freezer to the refrigerator to thaw naturally until Thursday.
Tomorrow I will buy the remaining ingredients, and think about the table decoration (which should be simple, because apart from being a small table, I want the turkey to be the main attraction!)

No comments:

Post a Comment