January 05, 2012

This week's DELIGHT: Wrapped Cranberry and Brie

One of the dishes I made for Christmas dinner was the Wrapped Cranberry and Brie. Here is the original recipe. It's very easy to make and will impress your guests with its delicious flavor!




My comments: I didn't find a round brie, so I bought a triangular one and it worked very well.
I loved the combination of cranberries and walnuts, but you can make substitutions and use another fruit sauce; and instead of walnuts, you can choose almonds, macadamia or pistachios. Do not overdo the amount of sauce because it can drip from the cheese into the dough and let it chewy. Next time, I'll leave my cheese in the oven longer because I thought the dough was not as puffy as it should be, but it was so good that we ate it all in one night! I will make again for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment