February 07, 2012

This week's DELIGHT: Salads

I don't know you but, even during cold seasons I eat lots of salad (after all, I need to compensate for all the sweet I make and eat!). So I decided to share with you some easy, simple and tasty suggestions.
PS: there is no recipe. I make them by heart and change them up depending on what I have available in my fridge that day!

Baby spinach, tomato and dried cranberry

Cherry tomato and avocado

Cannellini beans, tuna and balsamic drizzle (I use this)

Red quinoa, corn and raisins (I had nothing in the fridge that day but I generally make this salad with tomato, and chopped cheese and turkey breast)

Baby arugula, cherry tomato, shredded carrot and cannellini beans.

These are my "basic"salads, but I have many others that I will post in the future. I use balsamic vinegar or lemon; love mixing sweet and savory by using dried fruit (raisins, cranberry, fig, apricot), and I also use lots of beans (chickpea, cannellini, corn), and tomato and avocado almost every time!
Don't forget the crunchy broccoli salad (I made again this week. So good!).

No comments:

Post a Comment