May 31, 2012

Walt Disney Concert Hall


I don't know why I hadn't posted anything about Walt Disney Concert Hall yet, but as the past weekend was the last presentation we bought for the season (as the summer begins, Concert Hall season ends and Hollywood Bowl starts), I wanna leave here my farewell!
Walt Disney Concert Hall is home to the LA Phil, which is conducted by the young and energetic Venezuelan Gustavo Dudamel, and was beautifully designed by the architect Frank Gehry (you may have heard of him here).


Over there, I had the opportunity to see amazing performances, operas, classic and modern concerts, with many great musicians. The last one was Paco de Lucia. For those unfamiliar with this name, Paco de Lucia is an amazing Spanish guitar player and, with him, Farruco, who kills with his flamenco dance.
The show is one of the most beautiful I've seen! The emotion that the guitar, all the singing and the dancing provides is unforgettable.
Since it's not allowed to film or take pictures inside the venue, I found a video on Youtube so you can have an idea of what I'm talking about:


Another grea concert was Pink Martini. We saw them on New Year's Eve, with my mom, and were delighted by it! They sing in several languages ​​(Hebrew, Japanese, English and Spanish) and play different rhythms. The vibe is amazing!

Can't wait for the next season!

No comments:

Post a Comment