May 10, 2012

This week's DELIGHT: Passion fruit Cake


I made this cake with my mother, a few months ago, and it was delicious! As you may know, here in the U.S. passion fruit is not an easy - neither cheap - fruit to buy so I used concentrated juice in a bottle (you can find it in any Brazilian or Latino minimarkets) and it was great!
You can really taste the passion fruit in the batter and the passion fruit glaze complements it all.
As I was having a very creative day, besides the ordinary square format, I made a donut version. And instead of using passion fruit glaze, I made a chocolate one (melted milk chocolate with a couple of tbsp of heavy cream). I did not have enough chocolate for the amount of cream (I only realized it when I could not get out and buy more), so the glaze was very thin, but it turned out good because it penetrated the cake (and, between us, passion fruit pairs very well with chocolate!)


Check out this and many other recipes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment