October 11, 2011

Sweet Moments: Sweet Quinoa

From now on I will include the category Sweet Moments here on the blog. Posts with quick recipes invented by me or found in books, or some snack bought at the store just to satisfy those craving moments during the day.
And as my weakness is sweet, I will begin with a Sweet Quinoa recipe.


I'm a fan of quinoa for quite some time and I prepare a lot of savory versions, but I found this sweet recipe today and made it for ​breakfast.
For those who like oatmeal (I love it!), it is almost the same but with two advantages: it has less carbohydrate and it is easier to digest. The texture is different, of course, but I can say that this healthier version is already on my list of options for breakfast, especially with the winter right in the corner.
I didn't make the original recipe (here), because I didn't have all the ingredients at home, but my version, simpler, was two thumbs up! Cook 1/2 cup of quinoa (with water and no seasoning). When it is cooked, place it in a small saucepan with 1 cup of milk, 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon, sugar (I used stevia) and a chopped banana. Bring it to a boil, reduce heat and when it is the way you like (more or less consistent), remove from heat and place it in a bowl with a drizzle of maple syrup (or honey). I cooked the banana together with the milk, because I like it almost disappearing in my mouth, but if you prefer it firmer, add it for last.

Keep your mind open and try it! (If you make this recipe, tell me the results here in comments!)

No comments:

Post a Comment