January 13, 2013

Vacation - Part I: Interlaken, Switzerland


Hello there! I'm back and I'll write here the best moments of my delicious trip!
We arrived in Germany (Zwingelhausen), then we took a car and drove all the way to Switzerland (Interlaken). From there, the destination was Italy (Milan and the Lakes). On the way back to Germany (this time Edingen and Heidelberg), also by car, we could not not stop in France and we were lucky to choose a very charming small town (Colmar) which is worth another visit! Four countries in 15 days. Oh My! So many restaurants and places we visited...

Let's start with Interlaken, Switzerland. Certainly one of the highlights of the trip. As the name implies, is a region between lakes, with huge mountains covered with snow, busy ski resorts, delicious food, cold weather and very charming! Everyone should visit the Alps!

Wandering around Interlaken ...




An amazing stroll is the Jungfraujoch. The highest point that tram can get. A ride to the top is wonderful: an infinity of mountains, trees and houses covered with snow, we passed by ski resorts and, up there, with 3F, we were blown away (literally and metaphorically) with the breathtaking landscapes!






Also in Jungfraujoch, a nice stroll inside a castle made of ice!


Typical dinner: Raclette (simply a plate full of melted Swiss cheese!)


A proudly exposed collection of cow bells...



Speaking of cows, the milk is delicious! Especially warmed and with Swiss chocolate!
Cultural moment: rumor has it that Swiss and Dutch cows produce the best milk because they have plenty of space to walk and eat freely. So that's is the reason they have the best reputation of chocolate, milk and yogurt! (I was already a huge fan of Swiss chocolates, and after tasting the milk and yogurt I can say it is a well-deserved fame!)



Another exhilarating experience: sledding in Grindelwald.


That's what I call a White Xmas!!


My first and successful experience with the sled!


Goat on its doorstep ...


More wanderings around the city ...




I knew I would love Switzerland and I was not wrong. Everything is organized, quiet, charming, with good food and, of course, lots of snow and cold weather! And, in the luggage, tons of Swiss chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment