November 18, 2012

The HAPPY movie


Yesterday I watched a really touching and interesting documentary called HAPPY (available on Netflix).


It presents the results of several studies on happiness and what people want / need to be happy. And four points caught my attention:
1 - of all the cases, people who have very simple lives and less money are the happiest.
2 - from the moment you have enough money for your basic needs, no matter if you earn $ 1 million or $ 10 million that it doesn't make you a happier person.
3 - everyday things are the ones that make you happy. Taking different routes to work, including something that you really enjoy doing (exercising, dancing, volunteering ...) brings more happiness.
4 - a community thinking makes you happier. Feeling like you're part of something bigger and that one act of yours can change the life of another person brings great pleasure.

Fortunately, I can say that I'm already practicing some of the points above for quite some time. I'm still far from what I'd like to be, but I'll get there! Others, I still need to work on and you bet I will (accepting that we need to improve is a first step, right?). Anyway, the documentary has a nice message which can actually be applied in our daily lives if we're open to it. Loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment