July 05, 2012

This week's DELIGHT: Filet Mignon with Blue Cheese


Yesterday was Independence Day - also known as National BBQ Day - and everyone gets together with friends and family to celebrate this important date and watch fireworks. But hubby and I had another plan since a huge event was happening in Brazil (our local soccer team was playing the final of a very important LATAM Championship - we won!!). 
We were nervous and anxious, so we decided to spend the day at home preparing for the big game. But we didn't stay out of the celebrations: I made a filet mignon topped with blue cheese and salad (arugula, tomato, carrot, dried cranberry and avocado). That was our BBQ!


I'm not a steak expert but I have to admit that this one could be served in any steakhouse! I like a very thick cut and I don't let it cook too much so the steak doesn't get dry or rubbery (medium, medium-rare).
Once the steak is ready, turn off the heat, put a few chunks of cheese on top, cover with the lid and let it soften (a minute or two).


You can use your grill or skillet (cast iron or regular). I used a regular skillet. Serve it right away with a delicious salad and voilá! A steakhouse at your house!

No comments:

Post a Comment