December 19, 2011

Christmas Gift Bags

This year, I was very excited about my adventures in the kitchen and, along with my friend Beverly, we decided to give our friends, relatives and loved ones boxes filled with Xmas goodies.
After weeks of planning, shopping, and a few days in the kitchen, we've already distributed nearly 60 boxes, and the project is a total success!

We made gingerbread cookies, lavender shortbread; mint oreo dipped in chocolate; matzoh crunch, and the plan was to also have mini chocottones, but the recipe did not work well and we had to replace it (but I'll try again next year!). Beverly made brownie and I made two types of brigadeiro (a very typical Brazilian treat made with condensed milk): passion fruit and contreau with cranberries.
Throughout the weeks I'll post the recipes, but here are some pictures of our day in the kitchen and the final result.


I suggest everyone to do a project like this at least once. It's so good to dedicate time to the people you love. You will feel good and I'm sure everyone will appreciate it. If you don't want to do it by yourself, call a friend and it will be even better! I spent incredible hours with Bev, and it was so great that we're already thinking about next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment