March 31, 2013

Vacation - Part 3: Germany


Finally, here's my post about Germany! Over there we had several "first time" experiences, lots of sausages and beers (in my case, wine!).
We went to Zwingelhausen and Heidelberg but we also stopped by Stuttgart.

We started our trip by going to a typical local Christmas fair. And, for the first time, I had hot white wine (good, but I like the red version more)


The Christmas dinner had typical food and desserts by Camila - Baked Goods ;) And, for the first time, I had boar (loved it!)



In Zwingelhausen, also, for the first time, I saw an apple tree! (not in its best shape, but I loved it anyway!)


For the first time, I had brunch with sausages, pretzels (the originals!) and beers!



In Stuttgart, more beer and sausages!


We went to Heidelberg, a beautiful, historic town, with a huge university campus and a castle with bridge and dungeon!




More traditional food ...


Our last meal was in a cozy restaurant whose specialty dish is a cut of meat that comes raw on a super hot piece of stone for you to cook it yourself.


And there was much more that, unfortunately, was not photographed: a Portuguese restaurant with one of the best cod dishes; delicious meals made by my sister in law and her in-laws; on Christmas night, we walked on a vineyard under the moonlight; we had apple liqueur; tried many delicious mustard (some jars came with us!)... I mean, pretty good, right?

And that was the last part of my delightful visit to Europe! Looking forward to the next visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment