September 16, 2012

The National, NY


I was not sure which post about my last visit to NY I should do first. So many delightful places that was hard to choose. What an amazing city!
So let's cut the chase and go to one of the highlights of this trip: The National Bar and Restaurant.


From the renowned American Chef Geoffrey Zakarian, The National is a casual yet elegant dining room, with prices a bit higher than average and wonderful food! (I did not take lots of pictures because I was too distracted by the food, the wine, the ambiance...)



We started dinner with oysters. I had never tried it before but my sister in law convinced me (and I liked it!). Then we had it all: I ordered lamb chop, men ordered steak, my mother in law ordered chicken and my sister in law ordered fish.




Hubby thought it was the best steak of his life! And I think the same about the lamb! Very moisty and tender and well seasoned.
We still had room for desserts: chocolate tart and profiteroles (unfortunately I did not take pictures. Let's use some imagination here...)

If I was already a fan of Chef Zarakian only by seeing him on TV, now that I tasted his food, I'm even more! (Note: make a reservation. This is one of those "it" restaurants!)

No comments:

Post a Comment